Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thanksgiving is Coming!

Thanksgiving might be my favorite holiday. I get to cook massive amounts of food and feed it to people! I LOVE the planning and prep that goes into making sure everything gets done at the same time, and at a specified time. I spend hours making shopping lists and detailed plans about when things need to go into the oven and when I need to start prepping, and what can be done the night before, and how long the turkey has to brine and, and, and, and.... I LOVE IT!!
 
But this year, there's only going to be four of us (likely). We'll take more, though! As a result of our smaller numbers, I don't think we're going to have enough mouths to warrant the roasting of a turkey. Instead, I am going to push for roasting cornish game hens. It will be like MINI-TURKEYS! Maybe we'll make mini-pies and mini-green bean cassarole, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment