Monday, October 26, 2009

But Everything is SO BLURRY!

I used to LOVE going to the eye doctor. It was so great because you'd go into the office and see fuzz, then, when you came out with a new pair of contacts it was like, "There are LEAVES on the trees? And individual blades of grass?!" And all the little details of the world show up where there was just matte finish before. So I was looking forward to my appointment last Thursday.
 
I didn't figure my prescription had changed a whole lot, so I thought it would be a pretty easy-peasy visit and I'd leave with a small upgrade, or maybe none at all.
 
I wore my glasses for the day, since it's easier with the drops and everything else, and they gave me a pair of tester contacts to take home with me. I put the contacts in on Friday morning and the prescription is off. Not WAY off, but off enough that I notice it and have to squint at everything. The right contact is identical and the left contact is a -5.00 instead of -6.00! I'm not happy. Good thing I didn't order a box of them! They told me to wear them for the week and go back Friday for a fitting. When I go back on Friday, you better believe I'm not leaving without my -6.00s. I'm going CRAZY with this left side blur!
 
 
 
ION: I ran a half marathon on Sunday morning. I did it in 2:18.01. It's not my best time, but! I have excuses! (LOL, the last half marathon sucked because of the wind!) The course was crowded almost the whole race. The weather was HOT! And I spent all day Saturday walking and standing around at the car races. I haven't taken the splits off of my watch yet, but they're not pretty. The first half was WAY better than the second half (I think, due to the heat). The course was really boring: 3 loops on either side of a boulevard. On the street where I run almost every run I start from my house (anything 3-10 miles). So, home turf, but turns out that "Home Turf" is b.o.r.i.n.g.
 
We had my father in law and brother in law staying with us for the weekend and I'll have to post pictures from the car race. I think my FIL got some good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment