Thursday, October 8, 2009

I Need a Pick-Me-Up

The last few days have been rough. I'm not sure what triggered it, but finishing my project (which inevitably needs to it being de-finished with more work necessary), the unseasonably hot weather, my inability to adapt to people who are not "planners" like me, unseasonably hot weather, and being too busy to relax have put me in a decidedly "dumpy" mood. I need to get out of this funk.
 
So here's the plan:
 
I'm leaving work a little early today to meet my In Flight Running buddies for a 6-miler near Rice. This may not end up as a 6 miler as I am INCREDIBLY sore from speed work yesterday morning. Maybe once I get going it won't be so bad, but yeesh! I could barely walk around the office today!
 
After running, I'm going to the grocery store and I'm going to buy something from the butcher. It will be something that looks insanely delicious. For some reason, wandering around the grocery store is one of my favorite past times. I could meander for hours. I think I may also get some apples and make some homemade applesauce. Maybe that will help me deal with the hot weather (right? if it smells like fall....?)
 
Then I'm going to go home and bawl my eyes out during The Office JAM Wedding. Eat my delicious meat, and smell my amazing applesauce. If there's still time, I'll watch Glee. Then I'll pray hard that this cold front actually comes through tomorrow. If it fizzles and fades and we end up with an 80-90 degree weekend, I think I might have to spend a small fortune cranking the AC down to a reasonable fall temperature.
 
Let's hope this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment