Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dinner Tonight

I'm excited because dinner tonight is going to be "A Taste of Home"!

We're meeting the alumni representative assigned to our region for Chicago-style pizza, along with a dozen other alumni from my college. I always have a really good time talking with people who are familiar with the same places I am familiar with, and know some of the same people I know. Plus, Chicago-style pizza! Yum... so delicious!
 
I'm also trying this new thing to lose some weight. I thought just running my butt off would work, but so far, I have lost zero pounds. ZERO. Did I mention I ran 12 miles on Saturday? TWELVE. That should give me the right to eat whatever I want, right? Wrong. So, my plan is to really evaluate mid-meal whether I need more food or not. Yesterday, I had Pei Wei for lunch and normally I'd scarf that whole bowl of food down like I wasn't going to eat again for a week, and then be miserable for the rest of the day because I was too full. So instead, I stopped after a few minutes and evaluated how hungry I still was, took a few more bites, and put the rest in the refrigerator, knowing that if I got hungry again in the afternoon, I could go grab it. I didn't end up getting hungry, so I had the rest for lunch today! I think this is something I can stick to, since it doesn't mean I can't eat the things I love to eat, it just means I have to spread those big meals out over more time, and let my stomach shrink back up to the size it's supposed to be! *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment