Wednesday, October 14, 2009

In Need of Some Serious Stress Relief

This Friday is my first Friday off in 6 weeks. We're supposed to operate on a 9-80 schedule, meaning we get 80 hours of work done in 9 days, yielding every other Friday as the start of a long weekend. It's really nice to have the flexibility to use Friday for other things, like errands and appointments. It's also really nice to have a day home alone to catch up on my sleep, play some Sims, and bake without anyone demanding my attention elsewhere. And no, I don't have a kid, just a husband. :)
 
On top of that, I don't even have a run on the schedule! So my every-other-Friday is really a great day of relaxation and recuperation. This Friday, I have something special planned for myself and it involves... you guessed it...
 
 
BEER!
 
I think I'm going to take a trip to the home-brewing store and buy the items necessary to start my first batch of home brew. The question is: What kind of beer should I start with?
 
Munich-style Helles?
Brown Ale?
Amber Ale?
Smokey BBQ Beer?
A dark porter or stout?
Maybe an extra hoppy IPA?
 
I'm thinking of starting with the helles, since that is one of my favorites, and one that M can appreciate, in addition to being able to use malt extract so I don't have to start with the all grain batch. The brewing may not begin until Saturday or Sunday, but the fun of gathering supplies and recipes will start Friday and I CAN'T WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment